If you exchange information internationally, you must strengthen data protection. Those are two sides of the same coin.
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and is the EU's upgraded version of data protection legislation. While not being an entirely sexy subject, data protection is a serious business with so much of our lives now enacted online. The EU has done a good job of leading the way globally, with GDPR quickly being the benchmark for data protection legislation.
This means business owners must implement a compliant data protection plan by the deadline or face some serious financial consequences for data breaches thereafter.
To do nothing and face valuable data being exploited not only damages customer trust, it's embarrassing, damages brand image, can impact share prices, could cause system downtime resulting in lost market share, and will also mean people lose their jobs. So LVM Consulting are taking this seriously as prevention is definitely cheaper than reaction. LVM offer GDPR consultation based on the following:
- Full Data Protection Audit
- Recommended System Updates
- Ongoing Monitoring for Data Consent
- Data Lifecycle Management
- Data Protection Officer (DTO) & Staff Training
- Instigate / Update Breach Plan
- Breach Testing for Internal & 3rd Party Systems
- Close Down Risk Points
- Transparency & Commitment to Data Protection Policy